Sell With Us
We are passionate about supporting locally designed and made West Australian handmade creations.
Are you an artisan/crafter of amazing handmade creations based in Western Australia? If you are, we would love to have you join us and sell your products on HandmadeInWA.
Here's a few great reasons to sign up and join us!
Low cost fees
We have ensured that our costs are low and the fees are minimal. The fees go towards the promotion, maintenance, hosting and software licences we need to run Handmade In WA.
As an introductory special we are offering new sellers 2 months free membership and then $109 annually. That works out at under $10 per month for your own promoted shop front.
The membership fee is paid up front annually and is non-refundable.
No commission fees
We do not charge a commission fee. We do however, charge a minimal capped payout fee to cover the fees charged by our payment facility operators and the administration required.
The administration fee is capped at $1.50 per payout.
The payment facility operators costs vary depending on how the item(s) are paid for. To cover this fee, we charge 3.5% to cover this cost regardless of the payment operator i.e. Paypal, Shopify.
As an example - customer purchases a product for $30. The cost of this transaction will be $2.66. This is broken down as follows
- Payment facility cost $1.16 (Purchase price + GST)
- Administration Fee $1.50.
- Total fee deducted from payout $2.66.
Income to you is $27.34 from a $30 sale.
You're in control
You have the ability to manage your own products and orders. The easy to access and use vendor dashboard make managing you products and orders a breeze! You are able to easily add new products, edit and delete existing products and manage your inventory. Customer orders and postage tracking details are all managed on the dashboard.
List as many products as you wish
Our online shop can be set up to provide you with a complete storefront for your business or list as little as one product with us. You can have unlimited products in your storefront at any one time and your listings do not expire!
Redirect your own domain name to your storefront at Handmade in WA.
Payments for the sale of your products will occur once a week on a Monday to your nominated PayPal account. The amount paid (your income) will be minus the administrative payout fee and payment gateway charges.
We understand the demands and time it takes to market and sell online. We will provide support to get you up and running and continue that support should hiccups occur in the future.
West Australian owned and run
We are based right here in Western Australia.
Quality handmade products only!
We do not accept products that are designed in Western Australia and then made somewhere else. We will only accept and promote products that are 100% West Australian designed and made and of an exceptional quality.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once your business has been approved, we will set you up your seller dashboard. We may ask for more information on the products you wish to sell.
You will then be able to upload your product listings and manage your inventory. Once you have added your products, these will be listed for sale on Handmade in WA.
When a customer purchases a product from Handmade In WA you will receive an email notifying you of orders received and this will also be added to your seller dashboard.
You can then create and package your handmade item and get it ready to ship off directly to the customer.
Once shipped, you can fulfil your order from your seller dashboard which then automatically sends shipping advice to the customer with tracking (if applicable).
- Once you apply as a vendor we will email you to find out some more information about your brand and business.
- We will then assess your application and get back to you to let you know if your application was successful.
- We want to ensure that we showcase and list West Australians handmade creative best.
- If you are unsuccessful, we will let you know what steps you can take to get there.
- To sell with Handmade In WA, you must have an ABN. If you intend to sell any items, you require an ABN. You can read and apply for an ABN here.
- We highly recommend that you hold appropriate product liability insurance if selling your handmade products.
- All products listed for sale on Handmade In WA must be ‘significantly transformed by the maker’ to meet our definition of handmade.
- Digital prints are permitted if the print is created using the makers own drawings or paintings. Clip art/purchased graphics can be used as component in the creative process, however clip art/purchased graphics cannot be used on its own.
- Upcycled items are not permitted unless there has been a substantial creative input. For example, vintage/retro clothing in not permitted.
- Baby teething products, dummy chains and baby play gyms/toys are not permitted for sale on Handmade In WA unless they have been independently tested and certified to meet Australian Safety Standards. Insurance must also be taken out for these products.We will ask for proof of insurance and approval.
- If you intend to sell toys on Handmade In WA or pieces that may be played with as toys by children, you must have current product liability insurance and provide a copy of this.
- Any items that clearly use trademarked wording/logos/images or copyrighted work cannot be sold, unless the seller can demonstrate that they hold the appropriate license to use and sell these products.
- All products uploaded by the seller, must include all essential information including:-
- Inventory levels (if applicable),
- Postage options,
- Turnaround times.
- Handmade in WA operates all listings with free shipping costs so ensure you include your shipping costs into the listing price.
- All products must be submitted to Handmade in WA by the seller using the seller dashboard. We will endevour to have these approved within 24 hours of being uploaded by the seller.
By signing up you agree with the terms on this page and our terms and conditions.